Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remembrance Day 2010

This morning, I woke up after only 3 hours of sleep to go to the local Remembrance Day ceremony at the arena. Anomantia and I watched from the stands while Laurence participated in the ceremony.  We were seated next to some very nice people.  Anomantia was all over the place and was squealing with joy throughout the ceremony.  She however did stay quiet for the moment of silence.  After the ceremony was over, I had a few veterans approach me and tell me that Anomantia was very well behaved throughout and that it was nice to see the younger generation starting to take an interest in the events.  Just before the ceremony started, in the stands next to where I was sitting, an elderly woman went into cardiac arrest.  Paramedics and the ambulance were called and it looked like she was going to be alright.  The highlight of the whole morning for me was after the ceremony had concluded, the veterans take a lap of the arena while the pipe band plays.  One veteran, threw his cane off to the side and was waving and saluting with an ear to ear grin.  This totally made my day.  So far it has been a really nice day aside from it being freezing cold out, but at least the sun is shining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment