Thursday, August 25, 2011

The dentist and wonder

This past week, I was tickling Anomantia and noticed a dark spot on one of her bottom teeth.  Within seconds of finding it, I was on the phone with our dentist's office.  Luckily enough, I managed to get an appointment for Laurence to have his teeth cleaned and a check-up on Friday morning and they had an opening for Anomantia on Monday morning.  So come Monday, Laurence will be taking the drive with the squirt to the dentist's office.  From what I have heard from other patients is that the dentist is very good with children.  Anomantia is still a little young for her first dentist appointment but because of the spot, there is an exception.  Thursday evening after finding the spot, I brushed her teeth and the spot came off... Now I think it was just a piece of blueberry skin stuck to the tooth, but it was also under the gums, so we decided to take her for the check up just in case it is something more than that. So Friday morning, I took her to the dentist's office while Laurence was in for his appointment to familiarize her with the office so she won't freak out come Monday morning.
Today, Anomantia and I went out for all you can eat sushi lunch with my good friend Elise.  I found out that Anomantia doesn't really like the seaweed in the maki rolls and she LOVES rice of any kind.
This afternoon, I realised that I have done and experienced so much more than I have ever dreamed of doing in the last three months alone.  I have gone ice fishing (on my bucket list), gone back to work, seen the northern lights (also on my bucket list), experienced a real winter storm (with wind drifts higher than the bumper on our Jeep),  taught my daughter to love and respect animals and other critters, and seen Anomantia change from being a baby into a toddler and more like a little girl everyday.  I love seeing the changes in her daily.  Her curiosity for everything is facinating and allows me to look at the world from her perspective and innocence. I love seeing that spark and spunk that she has when approaching the unknown. I took a bunch of new pictures this week and I am still trying to figure out my new computer, so I will upload them once she goes down for another nap later on today and hopefully post them tonight or tomorrow.  Anyhow, I am off to change another soiled diaper, still no luck on the potty training front, she is still terrified of the potty and hates the bathroom because she thinks that she has to take a shower everytime we go in there.  I have tried playing with her in the bathroom but all she does is pick up her toys and run out of the room.  I guess it doesn't really help that it is the coldest room in the house.  I guess that we will have to try something new because I would really like to have her using the potty or the toilet within the next six months to a year.  If anyone has any suggestions please comment here and not on Facebook.  I am closing my facebook account for posting comments and upping the security as I have been hacked on that account and need to revise my security options.  And with the lack of comments and imput, I am seriously thinking of retiring this blog as I don't know where to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment