Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Labourland

So I am currently residing in labourland... hoping this baby will make an appearance tonight at the latest, but we will have to see.  The contractions are far more intense than I remembered but they are coming regularly and lasting longer and stronger each time.  With Anomantia, I only laboured in my legs this time it is everywhere and I am most comfortable on my knees leaning over a chair or the couch depending on where I am.  I am trying to find the right position, perhaps a shower will help to ease the tension.  Tonight is the Pagan Snow Moon which happens to be in its full glory at exactly 00:30am here in Gurneyland.  I spoke with one of my midwives earlier this afternoon to give her the heads up that this is happening and my support team is on high alert waiting for me to make the call to move this party towards labour and delivery, making it more real than before.  This is such a relief seeing as I have felt like a failure these past few days not being able to get my body to go into labour but I guess this baby has been just hanging out for the snow moon to come and join our party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment