Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pre Valentine's day Weekend

Anomantia showing off her pony tails... she wasn't overly impressed with having them but I told her her options were to sit and have her hair brushed and pulled off her face or face having her hair cut like her dad's... also known as a buzz cut!  I am so done fighting over hair with her.  Originally there were 3 pony tails but we agreed she could pull the back one out as it wasn't really necessary to keep her hair off her face.
 Anomantia being so cute with her new hairdo... I love looking at her pretty little face.  Such a beauty (but I guess I am biased seeing as she is my child)!
 Yesterday early afternoon, I sat and had a cup of tea while Anomantia vacuumed the living room and Laurence napped with Furia on the couch.  I love this type of family time.
 Yesterday morning, after breakfast, while I was clearing the dishes up and cleaning up from our Friday night movie night, Laurence hung out and read books to our girls at the table.  Furia was totally awake just listening to Laurence and Anomantia talk.

As for the rest of this weekend, Anomantia and I are making valentine's day cards and getting some ideas ready for our family fun day on Tuesday afternoon.  Laurence and I are also cleaning out our home of the excess junk we have managed to accumulate over the past eight years (almost).  It is hard to believe that in a mere six and a half months, Laurence and I will be celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary, even though it feels like just yesterday we packed our little Sunfire to the roof and drove back to the island to get married.  We have been living in our home here in Gurneyland for the last five years and things have built up to the point where we feel like this house is getting too small.  So it is time for a purge... a huge one at that.  Most of the space has been taken over by kids toys and baby stuff.  So we have decided to downsize and start taking a minimalist approach to the way we live.  This month, I have vowed to remove at least one item from our home per day and so far, I have been 85% successful in doing so.  I am playing catch up today and tomorrow for the last couple of days where I have slacked in keeping up to my vow.  Laurence is still busy working on and moving the office so we can get Anomantia's new room fixed up and safe for her.  In the meantime, we are enjoying our family time tons and I am eager to get back to working out post baby.  At the beginning of March, I am hoping to do a trial gym membership that I was given while I was pregnant.  And until then, I have been walking and taking it easy when it comes to exercise.  I just want to heal fully before I go and start being active again. I am just so looking forward to more time with the three most wonderful people (IMO) in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment