Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More Projects On The Go

This morning, Anomantia was just hanging out with her dad. She is still quite upset with us that she has to wear the Pavlik Harness but I think that since she is so young, she probably won't remember this whole ordeal when she gets older.
My whole disappointment with everything is that her cloth diapers don't fit under the harness so we have to use disposables. They sure stink real bad when they are soggy in comparison to the cloth ones.
Anomantia is getting big really fast, tomorrow we are off to the Paediatrician for her 4 month check up. This have to happen more frequently than your average baby because of her position at birth and then the huge drop in weight that happened right after, they want to make sure that there is no permanent damage.
Wednesday, I am hoping to take her to the pool for a swim, we are allowed to have the harness off for one hour every five days. Sponge baths are allowed in between, but I know she misses the water because everytime I turn the shower on, she thinks she gets to come too. Now I have the stinky kid on the block because of all the breastmilk that has dribbled onto her undershirt that is under the harness. I am looking forward to Wednesday when she gets to be clean again.

In the meantime, I have been keeping myself occupied while she naps. I have been sewing like crazy. Last night I made a pair of yoga pants with snaps up the sides so that she can wear them over the harness and today I made this dress. The dress is still way too big for her but that works out well seeing as she needs the width with the harness holding her legs out in place. My next projects include a new carrier and a couple more dresses for her as that is all she can wear for the next 3-4 months-ish so long as she is in the harness, pants and tights are out! I am really glad that I remembered how to sew. Everytime I sit down in front of my machine, I remember leaning over the table as a kid and watching my mum sew all sorts of stuff for us girls. It makes me happy that I can do the same for my daughter as she did for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment