Friday, April 16, 2010

Pussy willows and Ladybugs

Anomantia is 4 months old today, 17lbs and very curious about things. Everything goes in her mouth. On today's walk around the ponds, I found some pussy willows and decided to introduce them to Anomantia. I rubbed them on her cheek and then let her hold the small branch of them to see what she would do... she wanted to taste them. I managed to get them away from her mouth and brought them home to show Laurence when he got home from work. I was less successful with the Ladybug that landed on her hand when we were out in the yard this morning. I was hanging my laundry on the clothesline and Anomantia was playing with her Champignon in her bouncy chair on the lawn when I noticed that she had a Ladybug on her hand which immediately went to her mouth. I didn't get to her on time to get it out, so I guess her first solid is Ladybug. Last year we found a Ladybug infestation in our basement which I thought I had gotten rid of, but unfortunately it is back and there are Ladybugs everywhere in our house and yard. Lately she has been really grabbing at everything and then pulling her hands towards her mouth.

2 comments:

  1. hilarious! i'll bet it had a delicious crunch!
    xoxo danica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the shell today in her diaper, so she really did eat it!

    ReplyDelete