Thursday, November 24, 2011

It's been just one of those days.

Today has been one of those days that you just have to look back at it and laugh. 

It started out early as Laurence and I had some work to finish off from the night before, so we were up way too early after an incredibly late night.  I had a million emails to reply to and orders to confirm were on their way.  I made us breakfast, Laurence took his plate to the office to eat as he was still trying to meet deadlines and I ate and replied to emails, answered phone calls, changed diapers and got the kiddo dressed for the day.  By 11am I remembered that I had appointments with the Chiropractor and Midwives at noon and 12:40pm, so I scrambled to get the invoicing done for the pending pick ups from the previous day, just to find out that the printer wasn't working properly at 11:40am.... AHHHHH, I had to leave the invoices open for Laurence to figure out the printer and deal with Anomantia who was messing around with her buttons (a new obsession) and emptying his tool box all over the office floor.  I ran out the door to my appointments expecting that Anomantia would go down for a nap while I was out and I arrived home to find her still awake (2 hours later).
At the midwives clinic, I found out that everything is on schedule, the placental placement is posterior and poses no threat to my scar line which makes me a perfect candidate for the much wanted VBAC that I have been vying for since the conception of this baby.  We still don't know what gender this one is (GO team GREEN!) and are excited that we will have that surprise at birth.  At my adjustment, my Chiropractor told me that my hips and pelvis are starting to prepare for the baby's arrival and he told me that this one will probably arrive the week of Christmas (He has a 92% accuracy in predicting when labour will start).  Not what I wanted to hear as I am really hoping for a 40 weeker this time.  Stay in there baby, take as long as you want... as I discussed with my midwife today, there will be no eviction notices given as it will put me at a higher risk for intervention (not what I want).  This baby can stay in up to the middle of January if it likes (I hope not but it is always a possibility).
After all my appointments, I came home made some lunch (leftover spaghetti sauce just needed to boil up some noodles), ate bites of lunch between answering more phone calls and emails for the business and booking appointments for this evening all of which seemed to overlap for the customers' convenience.  So I ended up having to do a hard drive swap and install on an operating system on a laptop with a client while Laurence was building a system that has to go out tomorrow morning at 8am.  So many issues with everything from software compatibility to hardware issues in the machine that Laurence was building.  Needless to say our daughter was napless and getting hungry and needed another bum change.  So I managed to make her a snack of veggies and dip to tide her over until I had enough time to actually make dinner.  I also somehow managed to sweep the kitchen and entrance way floors and vacuum the living room in between customers showing up.  Finally at 7:30pm I found the time to make dinner just to run out of propane for the BBQ (ugh! what else?!?) so I had to cook the sockeye in the oven.  I made a pot of rice and heated up some corn to go with the sliced carrots and cucumbers, from earlier.  We scarfed back dinner, I answered more phone calls and booked more appointments for tomorrow and Friday and replied to a couple more emails.  Finally around 8:30pm Anomantia had enough of being awake and headed up to bed after a huge meltdown (probably because she was so tired).  I got her changed into a nighttime diaper and put her clothes back on her because I didn't feel like digging through the clean laundry to find a pair of pj's at that time and tucked her in when she voluntarily climbed into her bed.  Then it was back to work.  Tomorrow is our garbage day so I gathered up all the empty boxes and recycling to go out as well as emptying the garbage cans from around the house.  I don't usually empty the one in the office but for some reason today I did, not knowing that Laurence had tossed his phone into the corner where the garbage can sits, he missed the desk and the phone landed in the garbage can.  It wasn't until he was looking for it about 10 minutes ago that he realised that I had emptied the garbage and that his phone could possibly be on the curb awaiting pick up first thing tomorrow morning.  It is lucky that I was still awake and able to retrace my steps and we put 2 and 2 together enough to go looking for his phone. Sure enough, I had thrown his phone in the garbage and we managed to retrieve it from the garbage at the curb before it was gone forever.  While doing this, we were laughing our asses off at the whole scenario while going over the chaos of the day. 

All in all this crazy day makes us appreciate the fact that we are able to laugh at our lives and that we obviously don't take everything too seriously.   We enjoy the little things even though it is sometimes those things that drive us absolutely crazy.  The highlight of my day today is the fact that I managed to finish off the baby's blanket with the embellished top stitching and everything.  I love the way it turned out and I hope the baby likes it as much as Anomantia loves hers.  I also somehow managed to squeeze in three (3) loads of laundry and one load of diapers today... I still don't know how I did it all, but I think it merits the Wonder Woman shirt tomorrow (even though it doesn't cover all of the belly anymore).  Finally I have headed up to bed to be a bit lazy and Laurence is back in the office still working (hopefully not for too long).  But if anything else had of gone haywire today, I think I would have totally lost my mind.  Here is to hoping that tomorrow is a better day than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment