Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stalking and Baby.

Lately I have found myself stalking any and all how-to web pages and blogs that I find links to.  My latest project has been slippers.  The pattern was for 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12 month sizes.  While I was working on my second pair this morning, Anomantia was playing under my sewing table (the usual getting into everything and anything... today it was toothbrushes and bobbypins).  She managed to reach up on the table and grab one of the finished slippers and tried to put it on her fat little foot.  So I had the epiphany to try to modify the pattern (I don't like deviation from directions usually this throws me through the loop) to make a pair her size.  After getting one finished, I realised that it was definitely time for a diaper change and a nap for her.  She got up way too early for the late night she had last night.  So I have successfully completed one slipper that she refused to remove for her nap and now I have finished the second but I have to wait until she wakes up to try it on her other foot.  I am still waiting for my machine to be repaired (ETA is next Friday) and in the meantime, I intended to do more knitting but that has been delayed.  In the meantime, I finally got my backup machine out and running to get things on the go.
I managed to knit a pair of socks for Nora and another pair for Anomantia but now I have to finish the longies I am making Anomantia for Christmas along with the flannel pyjamas.  I have a million loose threads to tie in before sending anything off and that is what I am procrastinating about the most out of anything. 
Yesterday, I went to the grocery store.  It took me close to 4 hours and 2 stores later I got home to realise that I am not going out again before this baby is born other than to finish off the Christmas stuff (minor little things that I will probably send Laurence to do for me) and to the post office to ship it all away.
Everyone I talk to these days (strangers included) seem to think that this baby will come any day now.... STAY IN THERE BABY!  I'm not ready for the pregnancy to be over.  Most other women that I have met who have recently or who are around the same gestational age as me, are all eager to get the baby out.  I am loving being as big as a "space ship" as Laurence refers to me.  Alright, I'll admit I don't really like the indigestion, leg cramps, and insomnia right now, but all in all I feel good and fat!  I am not ashamed by my weight gain of close to 40lbs, it is all controlled and monitored and mostly going to my belly and boobs (again... sigh)  and maybe my ass but that is allowed because I live with tons of stairs and that melts off pretty quick with all the laundry that having TWO kids will bring (shudder).  My Chiropractor has been awesome and a saving grace for my ribs and hips this pregnancy.  The adjustments are awesome and I can feel the baby moving in the right direction.  He has also told me to call him when I am in labour and he will do an adjustment if I need it to help with any pain I might have.  I am so excited about this baby being head down and not breach like Anomantia was.  Laurence is so supportive of all the decisions I have made so far, I couldn't ask for a better support person.  I am glad to have him acting as my advocate when/if I get to the point that I am unable to communicate for myself.  He is a huge help around the house now and with Anomantia because I just can't lift her anymore and I can't spend a whole lot of time on my feet without the BH kicking in more than I am comfortable with.  We are both hoping that this baby holds off until after Christmas, so I am keeping my fingers and my legs crossed until then (not that that will help any except for a funny visual).  Until then, I am going to be hanging out and stalking web pages.  If you have any good suggestions, email me the link. And to the family, if you have any special requests of crafting of any kind let me know via email.  My phone is temporarily out of service as the touch screen has decided to stop working, I have to take it in.  Until I get enough courage to leave the house, that isn't going to be happening.  So in the meantime, I am on skype or email only contact.  Sorry.  Until I can get more pictures off my phone, I'll leave you with these: Anomantia thinks the tongues out is the funniest thing ever especially when I do it to her.  And the other is just my blue haired beauty it is not everyday you see a blue haired, blue eyed, crazy monster.  The hair colour has faded out to closer to a minty green now (dyed it in mid September) and will look awesome with her Christmas outfit that I am making her.  I am excited this year for all the festivities as she is a little more understanding but she still has a hate on for the fat man in the red suit.  I don't blame her, he kinda creeps me out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment