Thursday, April 7, 2016

I am FREE

This is week eleven of marathon training.  My legs are sore and my feet hate me even more.  I am still pushing on.  My distance has been building and mind is going through the "what the f**k did you get yourself into??" thoughts.  Almost half way through a long run, I was on a new trail and someone spray painted the words "I Am Free" onto the path. 

It became my mantra, a little something to get me through the 29 kilometres.   In time for my brain to explode that this week we jump to 32 kilometres.  Oh shit! Still I carry on. Running. Hill repeats, tempo runs, steady runs and my long slow distances.  Somehow I power through just fine.

My feet are callused and blistered, in one word UGLY. This comes with running.  It is not very often that I get to remove my running shoes and not have a bloody toe or a raw spot but I love the euphoria I get from running.  The I shut the world out and everything becomes fan-freaking-tastic.  A runner's high of sorts, a break from my life where I get to be just me only for a few hours a week does this stress-less life appear and I realize why I do the things I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment