Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Country Road...

Caution: profanities and explicit language is used in this post.  Read at your own risk! (You've been warned!)

Do you ever get that random song lyrics stuck in your head while running outdoors?  Well I do!  Today it was John Denver's Take Me Home, Country Roads.  And then Annie's Song. I was out for my usual Tuesday tempo run and all I got was slow ass sappy tunes swirling around between my ears!  These songs were no help to my pace in the heat today.

This weekend, my bestie and I ran a glorious, (insert every expletive here) hilly 37 kilometres.  Yes, you read that correctly,  Thirty-fucking-seven long ass, hotter than all the levels of Dante's hell all combined, kilometres!  We hauled our asses over a never covered by us before terrain to "mix it up a little" in our Marathon training.  What were we thinking?!?!!  Our race day is now less than a month away (oh Fuck! Oh Fuck! Oh Fuck!) and we are feeling as ready as we can be (I'm calling bullshit on this!) for the 42.2 kilometre run.  I am just grateful to not be doing this alone.  Wait I kind of got roped into this one, but heck I'm always game for this kind of "fun".  Our shenanigans on the trails and the crazy weirdness that comes randomly spewing from our mouths at any given time it what makes it all worthwhile.  

The next few weeks we sweat through training and hope it rains and cools down for the race. 

Take me home, Country roads!

No comments:

Post a Comment