Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The end is nigh


This month marks the end of several things for me. First, the end of my maternity leave, going back to work was a distant thought until the beginning of this month when I realised that it is a not so distant thought anymore. Second, the end of my twenties. In a little over two weeks I will turn 29 years old. Ack I'm aging... I realised this morning that I have a lot of obligations in life: I am some one's wife and some one's mother. My life has taken a few turns in directions of which I may not entirely be proud and has thrown me many a curve ball, but being a wife and mother are a couple of the best things going for me now. My home is in a state of constant renovation with a semi-mobile soon-to-be 9 month old around, Life is oh-so-interesting and busy. With the commute to work looming in the near future, I am busy trying to find a daycare/day home for Anomantia while I am at work. This is proving to be a difficult task as I will be going back to shift work and how do you find someone willing to take a baby at 5 in the morning or someone willing to work overnight. So much to sort out and so little time. On a lighter note, I ordered my work boots last week and hopefully they will arrive before I start work. My old ones were in such a state, I don't think that they are even legal anymore because they are so worn out. I can't believe that they still carry the same brand of boot that I have been wearing for the past 3 years. I love them!!! They have to order my size because I haven't bought a pair in a little over 2 years and why would anyone carry an 8 inch welder boot in a size 4D?
My birthday wish this year is to have a happy and healthy family with a smooth transition to my new work schedule. Next month, we are looking forward to introducing our Halloween traditions to Anomantia. Halloween has always been our favourite holiday and for the last 3 years, we have had the spooky house on the block. Every year is different and the crowd of kids and parents gets bigger. We have become somewhat of an attraction in our area.

Anomantia Update:

Anomantia has mastered saying "dad" now and is much more aware of people and things. She babbles tons and has discovered being shy and not smiling for everyone anymore, she saves the smiles for us. She likes to dance to music (looks like she is humping the air) and sometimes if we are lucky "ahhh" along with the songs. Her hair is getting longer and has finally grown over her bald spot in the back. She loves her monkey from Wendy, it sleeps with her almost every night and during the day she packs her mooses from Roger and Claire around by the antlers occasionally stopping to kiss them. It is adorable and she stops to see if anyone is watching then smiles and goes back to kissing her stuffed animals. Her favourite snack right now is papaya spears from the health food store and anything covered in BBQ sauce. I am going to have her weighed and measured again at the end of the month so no new updates for that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment