Monday, August 9, 2010

August so far...

Well this summer has been a busy one for us here in Gurneyland. We did our trip to the island and back and are finally settled back in at home. Our garden is in full swing with peas, pickling cukes, carrots, tomatoes and berries ready for harvest, the rest will be a little while before it will be ready. Anomantia is growing so fast that she isn't as chubby as she was before. Every day I am in awe at how she is becoming a little individual and how she interacts and communicates (or at least tries to) with others. She is more comfortable with our friends and family now that I think we are relaxing as parents and letting her grow as a person. I love how she stares at things and people before she will say (or babble) anything. She loves to laugh and play with people and the best way to know that she is happy, she will flap her arms up and down, like a bird trying to take off. This is her way of clapping her hands. She is now able to clasp her hands in front of herself but still can't clap them yet. Tonight she discovered Asparagus (also known as Asparagustus in our house)... she loved it, more than her chicken. All in all, our summer seems to be pretty rainy but with an overabundance of mosquitoes, they are 100 times worse than any other year we have been here. We are making the most of the time we have together as a family by going camping, packing up and day tripping here, there and everywhere, gardening, swimming and doing whatever else we can think of. I only have 55 days left at home before I am planning to return back to work, so I will have to make the most of it. I love being at home with my husband and daughter but work is calling my name. Back to grinding away (literally) and hopefully I will get the shifts that I want to start at. This fall brings lots of fun activities for Anomantia and it also brings my birthday (again... sigh...). The last of my twenties, I feel like a chapter in my life has come to an end and a new one beginning soon. I am excited to see what it brings. Until then, I am just enjoying life one moment at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment