Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family Day Weekend

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12
This weekend flew by in a blur, I feel like we spent the whole weekend in the kitchen playing on the floor.  Saturday, we did all of our errands, including Anomantia's 1yr immunizations and running around so that we could spend 2 full days as a family at home or doing activities that we enjoy.  Sunday we started our day off with our usual waffles and bacon breakfast only this week to mix it up with Blueberry waffles and ham instead of bacon.  Anomantia spent the better part of my preparing breakfast sitting on the floor next to where I was working eating frozen blueberries.  By the time she was done eating breakfast, her face was covered with blueberries. (pictures1,2,3).
After breakfast, we cleaned up and played a bit before Anomantia went down for a nap.  While she was napping, Laurence and I managed to finally get the casing around our living room window installed.  One window down five more to go.  After her nap, Laurence made Anomantia a new toy because she kept on stealing the potatoes I was trying to peel for Sunday evening's dinner.  (picture 4).  Meet our new addition, Beaver the potato head.  We are oh so creative with names in our house, her toys are all like: Bear, Monkey, other Monkey, Moose with calf, you get the point.  She doesn't really play with dolls, she prefers her trucks and trains and cars better. 
Sunday evening after dinner, we decided to make cookies.  Anomantia wanted to help, so I let her be my tester. (pictures 5,6).  By the time is was bedtime, she had Blueberries and chocolate all over my kitchen floor and walls and cabinets, on the fridge, the front of the dishwasher and oven door.  I am still finding little sticky hand prints all over the place.  By Sunday night, I felt like I had spent the entire day in the kitchen. 
Monday, was a statutory holiday for us here in Gurneyland.  Meaning NO WORK! Yahoo!   For Family Day, our community organisation (we are on the board of directors) had planned their annual Sleigh ride in the park.  We lucked out with the weather as it warmed up to -5ºC for the afternoon but it is supposed to cool off to -20ºC again tomorrow. (sigh!)  With all the warm then cold weather we've been having, I am ready for spring and for the 2 to 3 feet of snow in my yard to melt. 
This evening, we made red berry syrup for our ice cream dessert.  It came our very similar to Danish rødgrød med fløde only we didn't thicken it as much.  Anomantia loved it!  (pictures 9,10,11,12)  She spent the first part of dessert walking back and forth between Laurence and I eating out of her bowl and finishing off most of Laurence's too.  Finally she sat down in front of the fridge and finished off her bowl full.  I think she wore most of it, but at least she enjoyed it. 
This weekend Anomantia let me look in her mouth and not just probe it with her toothbrush, she now has 2 molars on her left hand side and the top right hand one is ready to break through, the bottom one still looks like it will be awhile though.  She also demonstrated her vocabulary to us by taking a clean sock from the laundry bin and handing it to me and said "sock" and then again tonight she handed it to me and said "chausette" (which is french for sock).  She is ever changing and growing.  As of Saturday morning, she was 30.5 inches long and 22lbs 8oz.  She has gone down in weight since we last weighed her, but she has also started crawling and walking since her last weigh in too (I think). I am a little confused with her weight issue as she weighed 22lbs at 8 months old and here we are 6 months later and she is back to 22lbs after being weighed in at almost 30lbs a little under 3 months ago.  I guess I will have to talk to her doctor about all of this because the public health nurse was unsure about it all.  Any how it will be another early morning tomorrow so I am off to sleep. I hope everyone had as good of a weekend as I did and that you all enjoy your week.  Good Night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment