Sunday, February 13, 2011

picture update

 Anomantia's excited face on Christmas morning.  We all had bad colds and were feeling pretty crappy that morning too.
 Chocolate Faced!  Enjoying her birthday cupcake on December 16th.  Happy First Birthday Anomantia!

 Playing Wii with her dad in the living room.  She now has her own remote, it is hot pink and sometimes she talks to it like it is a telephone.  Kids have the best imaginations... I wonder what happened to mine?
 Being cute as a button at the beginning of February. 
 Making a funny face on Christmas morning.
 more being cute...
 pensive...
 kissy faced...
 happy girl...
 more pensive, or worried, I don't know...
 Hanging out in her truck ready for a call (note the open phone in her right hand).
 watching cartoons in her truck...
 playing with the wii remote while I try to get us ready to go out for lunch on Friday afternoon (Feb 11th).
 Brownie faced at the restaurant (Feb 11th)
Flirting with anyone who will spare her a glance at the Wellness Centre this morning.  (Feb 12th)


I am still trying to get all the pictures in order of the few hundred that I have taken over the last few months, these are my favourites of the ones we have.  Anomantia is always on the go climbing up and down stairs now and starting to run, she is fearless and very independent.  She has been keeping us on our toes and ever learning new things.  She sits there and studies your every move then will repeat it.  This weekend, we have made Valentine's day cupcakes with Pink (I wanted a pastel pink but had a mishap with the food colouring, and ended up with a there is no other way to put it other than Barbie Pink colour instead) icing.  I have been feeling crafty again lately and after discussing with Laurence, we have decided to challenge ourselves to create gifts for our friends and loved ones this entire year.  I have most of my Christmas gifts already mapped out and some are already done, but this way come the holiday season, we won't be stressed out about finding that perfect gift for each and everyone on our lists.  Everything will be that much more personal.  All in all we are content with our life in Gurneyland and will try to keep pace with the world around us, sometimes you just have to slow it down and stop to smell the flowers and enjoy the little things in life.  Today was one of those days for me.  We got our errands out of the way for the week in the morning and it left the afternoon for baking and hanging out in the kitchen with my little cinnamon heart thief.  Tomorrow is another day of fun filled activities and hopefully a trip to the swimming pool, we will see where the day takes us.  I am just looking forward to our Sunday morning ritual: Wake up, make waffles and bacon in our pyjamas, eat as a family (one of the few meals we all eat together), clean up, wash up, get dressed and then the day begins.  I look forward to that time where we are all together in the same room, for a brief moment, I feel complete.  Life as a working mum is no easy task, every moment when I am not at work or en route to work, I want to spend with my husband and daughter.  I feel guilty for being away for so long every week, but I have my three day weekends to keep me going through the push for more production, better quality, and faster turn over rates, there are days where my family is the only thing that keeps me going.  Knowing that they will always be there when I get home.  I love seeing them all cuddled up and asleep when I get in the door from work.  I do miss taking part in bedtime, and not being home for dinner, but I know I always have my weekends.  And every week presents a new challenge and new changes, but if it were always the same thing would it be worth doing?  Right now, I am ready for an early bedtime for me tonight and enjoying the little things that make my world spin.

Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment