Saturday, February 5, 2011

Relief

Today we were given the wonderful news that Anomantia's acetabular portion of her hip has in fact formed properly (yay!).  It was such a relief to hear this news and actually see the x-rays as proof that she will be able to run and play with her friends as she gets older, however it does still put her in a higher risk bracket for needed a hip replacement at an earlier age.  Still something we have to keep an eye on but at least there will be no surgery for now.  I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and that I can finally take a breath, I have been waiting for months to hear those words from the doctor.  She hated getting x-rayed and had to be strapped down on a spine board so she wouldn't move but was rewarded afterwards with her beloved Smarties.  She will do anything for a Smarties treat, including climbing up and down the stairs several times trying to get just one.  Today I am just grateful that she decided that her car seat was a great place to sleep, she napped the whole drive to the Children's Hospital and back home again (almost 2 hours each way).  So by the time we got back home, she was wired and ready to tear the place apart even more.... I think my living room should declare a state of emergency, Hurricane Anomantia has struck for the last 4 days in a row!  I have some major clean up to do in there, so I am hoping for a 3 hour long morning nap tomorrow (technically today but I still haven't slept, so it is still yesterday to me, if that makes any sense?!?).  On that note, I am off to bed and just thought that I would share my happy news of not having to get my toddler operated on, mechanically she works-Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment