Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gardening

Today we started off going to Canadian Tire to get a thatching rake for the lawn and ended up coming out with a bunch of other stuff and not a thatching rake.  We came home and started in on our garden, getting the greenhouse all ready and planting in the front planter.  After her nap, Anomantia, decided to join me outside in the greenhouse.  I was in the middle of installing our new in-planter watering system in the greenhouse.  Anomantia managed to dig it all up before I even got it totally installed so I had to start from scratch again.  The same went for the seeds I tried planting.  Meanwhile she managed to eat two fist fulls of potting soil and a few seeds too, dropped one marker between the slats in the floor and starting planting rocks in with my already planted seeds.  My conclusion is that gardening with an almost 17 month old should be avoided when in tight quarters, with the exception of the little dirt covered hands on my shoulder and little face leaning in to say "hi" and "what's up?" every few minutes.  And her helpful ways of pulling twigs out of my potting mix and licking the excess dirt off the twigs before throwing them on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment