Monday, May 16, 2011

Shopping with a toddler...

This weekend, we went grocery shopping with Anomantia and she stayed in the cart the whole time (this never happens).  After the grocery store, we made a quick stop at the Body Shop for some lotion, Anomantia insisted on coming inside with Nadia and I.  While we were in the store she made a point of making a break for it every two seconds until I discovered a bin full of shower puffs at her height.  All of a sudden she was thrilled to have something to play with while I paid for my lotion and waited on Nadia.  When Anomantia realised that her dad wasn't with us, she started heading for the door again, totally ignoring the puffs.  Meanwhile I had purchased one for her... mine is kind of old and needs to be thrown away anyways.  I gave it to her outside of the store, she took one look at it and started back into the store to put it back giving me a dirty look like "mum, don't you know we're not supposed to take stuff that isn't ours".  I found it so funny and the ladies in the store were certainly amused with her behaviour.  At least she knows (maybe) not to shoplift.  She has all sorts of quirks that make my life so interesting right now.  And I know that we are sure thrilled with who she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment