Tuesday, May 3, 2011

too long...

I guess that leaving this for two months is just too long.  We have changed, done and accomplished so much in a couple of months. 
In March, everything was a bit of a blur and all I remember is working lots and hanging out with Anomantia on my weekends as Laurence worked his butt off to get the business off the ground.  Laurence and Anomantia made a trip to the coast to visit his parents while I stayed home and worked.  I know I swore that I would never allow it and believe me it was a brutal seven days without my family.  I will NEVER do that again. 
In April, we opened our arms to Nadia, Laurence's cousin from Denmark who is staying with us here in Gurneyland for awhile before heading to visit more family on the coast.  For Easter long weekend/ Nadia's birthday, we went to the W.E.M. and had a blast in the waterpark and exploring the city.  Anomantia is finally feeling better after her first (and hopefully her last) ear infection.  She is growing into such a wonderful girl.  And the best part of April, we found out that we are expecting again.  Ironically I have the exact same due date as I did with Anomantia.  
And now it is May, with mother's day and Laurence's birthday approaching, we have absolutely no plans in the works, as we don't celebrate these two holidays.  Laurence doesn't like to celebrate his birthday so that is by his choice and well, mother's day always seems to be just forgotten except for the phone call to my MIL. 
We are all keeping busy now that the warm weather has arrived and I realised that there really are only two seasons here: winter and construction.  Because when one ends the other begins again, there is no in between or peace and quiet... Perhaps that is why I like the winter so much.  Even after six months of white stuff, I am ready for the spring but already being so warm, it jumps straight into full blown construction.
On my drive home tonight, I saw a hotel on fire.  There were five fire engines and several police cars there to control the scene already.  I had never seen a building on fire in person before.  The air quality was poor and smokey and the visibility was limited.  It was a unique experience, one which I hope I will never have to relive.

I will leave on a upbeat note, we are going for our first ultrasound on the 11th of May and I am looking forward to seeing my little sea monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment