Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Farts

The other morning, we were all sitting at the breakfast table when I leaned forward to reach for something and let the biggest fart rip at the same time.  Anomantia was sitting next to me and looked at me and said "bad mum, POOP (pointing at my bum then signing poop)!"  Since I am very pregnant, my passing gas is a usual occurrence but this was an unusually loud fart that I let rip.  Laurence and I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that our now 2 year old can figure out that farts and poop are related.  It was so funny, I almost peed my pants and accidentally let another fart rip due to laughing so hard and again I get the finger pointed at my bum and Anomantia (now standing on her chair) excitedly yelling "BAD MUM! POOP!"  which just made me laugh even more. 

Tonight she was an angel at the Christmas dinner in Lacombe.  It was awesome, she was quiet during the presentations and played nicely with the 15-20 grandmas she had to entertain her.  After the dinner was over and we were getting ready to go, she took a wipe out of her diaper bag and wiped down almost every chair in the entire hall (40-ish seats) before putting her sweater on and saying goodbye to everyone.  I can't believe that she managed to sit still for as long as she did.  The cutest part of the night was after dessert, she licked her plate clean (literally).  I wasn't going to take it away from her as the presentations had begun and we needed her to keep relatively quiet but she was pretty much self entertained by her toys that I brought for her to play with in the lobby if need be.  She sat beside the table and played with her book and batmobile for a bit then lap hopped for a bit and wandered around for a bit too.  At the end of the evening almost everyone commented on how well behaved she was.  Now only to keep up the behaviour modification program we have been on by monitoring her food intake very closely to make sure that she is not over doing it with the sugar intake.  So far so good even with the holidays and her birthday in the mix, she has been adapting very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment