Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Remembering


Today is the 15th anniversary of my dad's death. I can't believe that 15 years have passed already. With the nice weather, comes the banter about fishing... I remember the old days of fishing with my dad, spending time on the docks helping him with the boat and watching him tie the hooks in our living room until I was old enough to help out. I remember him taking me to Smitty's on Comox Ave for my birthday breakfast one year, I had pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, then we went for a walk down to the wharf. 1995 and 2002 were the worst years of my life, losing both my parents so young has had an irreversible impact on my life but forced me to face the world and embrace my life with a different perspective than I had ever considered before. I try to not let opportunities pass me by and with the help of my husband I have learned to enjoy spontaneity and risk (not the board game). Life really isn't about the big picture, it is all about the little things and enjoying what time we have with those whom are important to us. Perspective is all in the eye of the beholder and although some may not agree with me, we are all invincible until it is our time. Live life with passion and take some risks, you never know, you might like it. (Anomantia is my raison-d'ĂȘtre at the moment and I am making the most of the time I have off work with her.)

1 comment:

  1. I like your writing style, Carlee and sincerely enjoyed reading your blog...This time I will think to add it to my favourites so I can find it regularly...and Melanie's too when I get find it again. Spending time together with you Gurneys on Saturday was a huge blessing to me-thank you for making the trip into Calgary:) I'd love to do it again soon. I had a nice walk back to the hotel and hope you found a good scoop or two at IKEA. Also hoping you guys get good news this week about Anomantia's first cast...hugs to you, Laurence and Anomantia until next time-you guys are all awesome. xoxoxox! Love Auntie Debby

    ReplyDelete