Monday, May 17, 2010

Water

Today I was drinking a glass of water and Anomantia was particularly grabby, I decided to share with her. I let her have the last sip of water out of my glass. She made a funny face and then went for more. I think that is her telling me that she is ready for water. So I tried to give her a little bit in a bottle and she wasn't too impressed, but she really liked the cup. Tomorrow, I am going to find a cup just for her (hopefully one of the stainless sippy cups, there are too many plastic ones with BPA still on the market). She has been watching us closely the last couple of days and is getting ready for solids in a little under a month, I will start her on something interesting... Avocado maybe. The last couple of days, I have been able to breathe a sigh of relief as she has started going for more down time again. Today, was bliss as I had a great afternoon nap with her in our bed. It was so humid and muggy out that we were both soaked when we woke up, but that is to be expected with the crazy high temperatures we have been experiencing. If this weather keeps up, I will be setting up our pool early this year. I was going to wait until June sometime but at 26-29 degrees Celsius, I want to cool off. Our garden is almost ready for planting as the general rule in Gurneyland is that it is safe to plant outdoors after May long weekend (May 24). For the long weekend this year, we are staying home and are going to attend the opening of the annual farmer's market and maybe see if the water park is open for children yet. I saw a note saying that Fred Penner is going to be in town for the annual children's festival too. I remember seeing him perform when I was a child. It would be neat-o to take Anomantia to see him when he is at the Public Library. So much to look forward to this summer and we will see how our plans unfold. We would love to see our friends and family again soon and introduce camping to Anomantia. And by camping I mean in a tent and cooking on a fire. Roughing it... outhouses are a plus but can do without flushing toilets. So much fun. I'm off to bed as tomorrow is another busy day here in Gurneyland and I have to been on the ball or life will just pass me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment