Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Banana pie smoothies

For breakfast this morning I made Banana pie Smoothies.  A huge hit according to Anomantia who keeps on asking for more Nana-pie.  After making it, I thought it would taste good with vanilla ice cream or maybe as a float!?!

Here is my recipe for Banana pie Smoothies:

In a blender combine:

2 ripe bananas (starting to get brown spots)
1/2 cup milk (could be soy or almond or plain old cow's)
1/4 cup ice cubes
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

And blend on high speed until you get a smooth texture then serve.

For thicker Smoothies add more banana or decrease amount of milk. The applesauce could be swapped out for fresh peeled apples but I was trying to use up the last of my homemade applesauce from last summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment