Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fears (SBC #35)

Like I have said in previous posts, I have a minor fear of spiders.  It isn't that bad anymore, they just kinda creep me out.  Since adopting a couple tarantulas this spring, it is like my house has become a magnet for spiders.  The whole south side of the house was covered in them when the spiders were kept in a room on that side of the house.  Now they have moved to a converted walk in closet/storage area in the basement and it seems that every spider in the vicinity gravitates towards them (shudder).

I also have a fear of solitude.  I dislike being alone, I need ambient noise all the time.  My husband is my polar opposite and loves being alone in quiet empty spaces.  Growing up in a house with lots of kids and people constantly coming and going, I got used to the constant buzz of life compared to silence.  I hated living by myself, I have always preferred living with people. 

I am not really afraid of much else, I have faced several of my other fears already and I chose to live my life and not run away from dumb little things that really aren't significant enough to matter.  I try to live my life fully and happily and when death comes for me, I will be ready and I do not fear it.  Otherwise life really wouldn't be worth living if I lived in fear of what might come.

2 comments:

  1. We have tons of spiders over here and I hate bugs.

    I dislike being alone too, as I grew up in a large family with lots of noise. Hubby doesn't mind noise, but he great up an only child with no other family interaction other than his mother and father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the husband's side of the spectrum. Quiet, sweet quiet... though ironically I can be very productive in loud "humming" places (like writing in a sports bar rocks!) but random background noises or competing televisions make me nuts..... glad I popped in from SBC today!

    AH! Fears! Read my post to see what I am afraid of... in addition to being afraid of the dark, ofcourse.

    ReplyDelete