Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Favourite space (SBC#46)

My favourite space in my house is the kitchen.  Our house is a four level split style house with the entry into the main living room, dining room and kitchen.  I have a love-hate relationship with my kitchen.  It definitely needs an upgrade.  But I love how it truly is the heart of our home.  My whole life, I always wanted a room with black walls, but my mum would never allow it or we lived in a rental where the landlords wouldn't allow it.  Finally the year Laurence and I were married, we bought our first house together and decided to paint the kitchen walls black.  It has white cabinets and doors with a hideous section of rose coloured textured wall on the bottom in one corner with white chair rail around it.  I would like to see it gone but that costs money and seeing as I am still on leave from work, it will be a little while before I can afford to rip it apart.  I will document every second of destroying the last of the previous owner's pink walls in our house (insert creepy muahahaha laugh here).  Laurence and I both love to cook (and I love to bake in the winter) so our kitchen is never lacking in dirty dishes but we did finally get our dishwasher fixed.  We have all black appliances and our dishes are mostly blue with a few of mix and match of whatever we have from when we first met.  I like to hang out in my kitchen with my girls and listen to music, my mum used to kitchen dance with us when I was younger too.  It just makes me happy to have my space in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment