Friday, March 23, 2012

Cake and Poop!

As in my previous post Anomantia begged me to make cake today, so I did... Chocolate Devil's Food Cake with a Brown Cow Butter cream icing (yes there was Kaluha in it).  And for some out of my mind reason, I served CAKE for dinner tonight.  I guess I didn't realise what time it was (the time change has really thrown me for a loop this time) and I served Anomantia a giant piece of that beautiful cake.  After eating her cake and specifically asking for more when I realised I had better give her something other than sugar, I gave her a bowl of soup (leftovers from lunch).  She has refused to eat the soup (still sitting on the table- 45 minutes later) and decided that eating a banana (Danna as she calls it) and drinking water is good enough.  I am still waiting to see if she is going to eat the soup. 

Today has been one of those National Lampoon type days for me, everything goes wrong when Laurence is out or just in the garage (stepped out of the house for a minute and shit -pardon my language- hits the fan).  I get all the crazy things today.  Anomantia using the toilet then peeing on the kitchen floor, so I threw her in the shower because she smelled like pee, ran upstairs to change Furia and pull the cake out of the oven, get downstairs to get her out of the shower to find that she pooped in the shower (UGH!), my day can't get any worse.  I had to run out and get Laurence's suit from the cleaners and pick up a parcel from the post office, I get home to find that Anomantia is soaking wet (peed through her diaper and pants) again... I have had it with her not using the toilet, I have no idea how to get her to potty train, but this summer she will be bare bum until she uses the toilet properly.  I have tried training pants and pull ups, but she just runs and hides to pee and poop and won't use the toilet.  I had to get rid of our potty because she was so scared of it that she refused to go into the bathroom if it was in there.  So for now, it has become a point of contention in our house, Anomantia must potty train so she can go to preschool.  She could care less if she goes to preschool or not, she really has no interest in other people or kids at this point and I am still trying to find a way to make her interested in learning.  She does things her way and in her time at home so why doesn't the rest of the world work on her schedule too is the attitude I get from her.  I desperately need to get her on a schedule, that way she might be more interested in doing things differently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment