Thursday, March 15, 2012

End of a Journey...

21 February 2012
Today we closed another chapter in our lives and we move on to the next.  Today was our last visit to the Midwife Clinic.  Furia is now 6 weeks 2 days old and is growing like a weed.  She measured in at 22" long and weighs 11lbs 3oz (3lbs 2oz more than birth).  Her cheeks are getting wonderfully chubby and her thigh rolls have started to fill out.  I am eternally grateful to Jess and Jenn at Blessing Way Midwifery for taking us on as patients.  Overall, my pregnancy was healthier and easier than my first pregnancy.  It made for a great birthing experience and not to forget a healthy baby and easier recovery.  They supported me in all my strategies for pain management and stubborness to achieve the VBAC that I insisted on having.  I felt comfortable and relieved to know that I was in good hands and experienced the best care I could have ever hoped for in a pregnancy.  I wasn't just a number, I was a person with a name that they would say hi on the street and not forget who I was... I didn't slip through the cracks, and all our needs were exceeded.  January 8th was one of the best days of my life being able to share that with two amazing women made it that much better.
With that said, today we are at the end of our journey with Jess and Jenn, I am having a hard time writing this with happiness and sadness, I will miss them dearly until next time we get pregnant again.  To anyone who lives in and around Gurneyland, I strongly recommend these two if you are interested in having a home birth, natural birth or even just a hospital birth, Jess and Jenn do amazing work and I trust them with my life and the life of my children (or future children for that matter).  So to Jess and Jenn THANK YOU a million times over.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.
So we start on a new journey as a family of four... and for now, we are just enjoying being at home as a family and working on our renovations to transform our house into a home.

09 March 2012
I didn't post the above at the time, I needed to contemplate the whole meaning of it before I set it in stone and actually posted it.  Furia hit the 2 month mark yesterday, I guess the realisation that she won't stay bitty forever has really hit me.  I am trying to keep up with her growth spurts and development.  She is almost mobile.  During tummy time, she will push her way across the carpet dragging her face and making coo-ing sounds or screaming depending on what she really wants.
Anomantia has really become an excellent big sister.  She even shares her maracas with Furia.  She even is starting to talk more now.  Anomantia's words are becoming clearer but they are still very limited.  I guess only time will allow her communication skills to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment