Thursday, March 29, 2012

New Beginnings for my feet!

 Today, of all days, would have been my mum's 56th birthday.  She was an amazing woman and everyday, I strive to be like her.  She was the best person I have ever known and I wish we had of had more time together.  This August will mark 10 years since she died and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think of her.  I love you forever mum!  She taught me to enjoy the little things and she loved her runs... so today I have retired my old runners, and got some new ones!
 This is what 3 years of well used runners looks like... 2 pregnancies and a hell of a lot of love, my New Balance 474's have bit the big green weenie and are done.  They definitely have been through a lot for me, but I am finally ready to move onto the new shoes (with better support for running). 
 These awesome specimens are my new shoes... yes, I am very excited about getting new shoes, it has been THREE (3) years since I went shoe shopping for myself and I think it is well worth it.  They are neon orange and black (it is Halloween everyday in Gurneyland, just looking at my feet!) and really comfortable.  I am looking forward to breaking them in this weekend (hoping that the weather holds and that no more snow is in store).
I know I typically post about the girls here, but today they are napping and I am marveling at my new runners... it is funny because I so rarely buy anything for myself other than stuff needed for work (ie: Carharts, boots, gloves etc...) this is a real treat having something brand new for ME!  So I am off to stare at my feet for a bit and hopefully get some knitting done before the girls wake up.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment