Saturday, March 31, 2012

Another Month is over

I realised today that March has come to an end and April begins tomorrow.  This month the weather has been back and forth trying to decide if spring is allowed to start or if it is going to snow more and stick with winter.  We have busy with the business and I feel like there are days where we are running all over the place for peanuts.  This month, I have been struggling with the worst part of my depression (part PPD, part depressive episode - been dealing with these since I was a kid) this year and am still fighting the ugly behaviours.  I am lucky I have the support of my husband who can tell me straight when I am falling into the funk again.  I have decided not to drug myself again as I tend to go through a period where things get way worse before they get better.  I have managed to pull myself through with the help of my amazing sisters and loving husband who have lent me their ears on days when I didn't think I would make it.  But sure enough, I am still here and I am still fighting and I do it not only for me but for my girls.  I truly hope with all my heart that they will never have to suffer or struggle like I do with mental illness. 
March is another one of my crazy months... mostly because I miss my mum more than ever on her birthday (29th march).  This year she would have been 56 years old, and in August it will have been TEN (10) years since she passed away.  I wish so often that she could see me now, how far I've come and see her beautiful granddaughters (all four of them!  Not just my girls but my sister's as well).  She would have been the most amazing Grandma.  So this month in honour of my mum, I made sure to kitchen dance with the girls, painted the windows with soap, cuddled more and read more books, I try to laugh and love them more everyday to make their lives happy and full. 
This month we also wanted to wish Liz(30th) and Banauntie Megan(19th), very happy birthdays too! 

The fight isn't over yet but I will prevail all in due time!  And tomorrow is another day, so I will keep on going one tomorrow at a time and soon enough things are bound to get better.  In the meantime, I am starting a new routine program for the whole family starting tomorrow, fingers crossed that it works.  Love to all and hopefully you don't get too Fooled on April Fool's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment