Thursday, April 12, 2012

In Style and Hell

 A few days ago, Anomantia decided that she was going to wear her sh-shoes again since most of the snow was gone from the backyard.  She also wanted her dog hat (note they aren't all puppies anymore!) and her red Canada Hoodie with the pock-ettes (note they are no longer called pockey).  On the way out the door she requested a piece of chalk to decorate the sidewalk between the house and the garage.  While I was getting the chalk for her, she picked up her handbag (of the sparkly variety- Her Pabby (dad's dad) gave it to her for Christmas last year) and headed out into the yard. 
 She has started to develop a sense of style on her own and has particular items that are definite favourites when it comes to clothing and foot wear.  She chooses all of her own accessories as I really have no interest in them.  I carry a diaper bag because I have to (but it is usually compacted to the smallest bag I can find and a backpack when it is a longer trip) otherwise it is just my wallet and phone shoved into my pockets and keys somewhere in the mix.    Anomantia is becoming more and more fearless and independent, to the point I can't take her out when I have Furia with me.  She refuses to hold my hand when in parking lots or in the street and will run out onto the road to try to get away from me.  I have been finding parenting her very frustrating lately.  I have to be more patient and try to be more understanding of what her needs are but she is extremely needy.  I am hoping that this phase will pass soon because I am constantly hearing "Go! Move! Bad Mum! NO! Move!"  from her and I am missing my nice loving girl.  Everything has become a fight.  From getting her to eat to diaper changes, to toilet training and putting her boots or shoes on.  Getting her dressed in the morning is a huge fight, all the way to getting her into bed for a nap or even the night.  I have so little energy as it is, I don't know what to do.
Miss Furia is now teething...HELP!  She drools, and cries almost non-stop.  Sleep is very broken and she is up to nurse several time each night.  In short...I am DRAINED!  Life has been an uphill battle for me here in Gurneyland and I really wish I had more help but I make do with what I do have.  Laurence has been busy working and trying to get the garden turned over so that we can get the plants into the soil next month.  I have been seeding in every extra moment when I am not sleeping or tending to a child or cleaning the house or running errands.  I still can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel as I can't remember the last time I had some "me" time that didn't consist of breastfeeding and doing something at the same time.  I am so ready for a break (aka going back to work) but I say that now, I don't really mean it.  I love being at home with my kids and husband yet at the same time, I wish I had some alone time.  My kids need me more now than ever so I had better get tending to their needs while I still can.  My house and life can wait another 20 years before I think about myself again.  And I'm off running like a chicken with my head cut off again. Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment