Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools Day!

So I thought it was some kind of a joke... Earlier this week (Monday or Tuesday, I can't remember exactly), I was trying to get Furia to latch on it was close to 2am when I heard someone banging on our front door.  I freaked out and woke Laurence up to go see who it was.  By the time we got downstairs, there was no one there.  However due to a fresh snow fall, we were able to tell that someone had driven up to our place, got out and came to the door, knocked twice, and then returned to the vehicle which drove away.  All this left us totally baffled as to who would have been at our door in the middle of the night.  We were still speculating as to who it was yesterday, but this morning we get a strange phone call from the Police saying that there has been a few noise complaints against us... playing loud music, kids screaming, things banging around 1am in the morning.  The Constable said that he had been to our house at the time of the first complaint but we didn't answer... WTF!!! We have Anomantia who is 2 and sings in her bed if she wakes up in the night (which is very rare) and Furia that might cry while I try to get her to latch on as we bed share, she is never crying for long.  As for the loud music, I don't even have a set of speakers that are loud... I have no stereo, just my Zune with a set of computer speakers that I listen to music but never after 11pm and it is definitely not loud especially if Anomantia has gone to bed.  As for the banging, if the wind picks up, it'll make our garden shed shake and it kinda bangs, but it is made of cheap metal siding and currently the door is broken.  Things have been relatively quiet with our dealings with the RCMP but I think the Wicked Bitch of the West (The evil old lady who lives to the west of us), must be getting bored and starting to stir the pot again.  She called the cops on us several times in the last five years and is a miserable neighbour to have.  We are not the only ones to think this either, she is miserable to our other neighbours as well.  I have a friend who knows her grandson and even he doesn't like visiting her.  She doesn't celebrate Halloween and yells at the kids who come to her door on Halloween because she won't turn her lights out. 
So when I saw the RCMP number show up on the call display this morning, I thought it was some kind of joke!

I can't remember where I found this picture, but I thought it appropriate for today.

Today I am starting my new program and routine, I am hoping to declutter the entire house in 30 days.  I am following a few of the Flylady techniques and changing it up a bit to fit in my needed diaper changes and nursing times for the girls.   I will try to post updates daily this month all depending on how the process goes and how much time it takes away from doing fun stuff with the girls.  I am off to start flying and spend more time with my lovelies.  (Anomantia is blowing kisses at the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment