Saturday, June 16, 2012

the girls are...

... Getting Bigger!  The last two weeks have been crazy!  Someone did a hit and run on our Jeep (had both car seats in it) and damaged the rear end.  Ironically enough, I was in the insurance company paying my premiums for the next year when it happened.  Then there was the challenge of replacing the car seats. We decided to upgrade so we wouldn't have to buy more seats in the next few years unless we have another baby (I am hoping for a bigger age gap between Furia and the next one).  We had to take the two hour drive to the city to get the new seats as no one in our small-ish city (~100,000 people) carried the seat we wanted and they told us that to order it, it would be mid-July before it got here (no way am I waiting that long for safety things for the girls!).

June began with Miss Furia getting her first tooth, followed by a second four days later.  It looks like it will be awhile before another tooth breaks through, but she is still drooling as much as Hooch from the movie Turner and Hooch (my leg is currently soaked with drool). She has discovered her feet and every time she is on her back, she is grabbing at them, kicking or rocking holding on to her feet.  She never stops moving.  I mean NEVER!  Not even when she is sleeping, she is still moving or kicking.  She is definitely my squirmy.

Furia Eevul Obsidian at 5 months old

And then there is Anomantia who is exactly two years and six months old today!  I can hardly believe that my first born is six months away from being three.  We are finally getting 'real' words out of Anomantia.  Late last month we took her for a speech assessment at the health unit's Speech Pathology department.  She has troubles with pronunciation and was only saying the first syllables of words instead of the whole thing.  She has improved drastically in the last few weeks and is getting better with the overall communication process.  She has started telling us when she needs a diaper change and I have my fingers crossed that she will soon start to communicate when she needs to go, that way the toilet training might be less of a fight like it has been until now.  Today, I have been unsuccessful in getting her dressed, so she has been walking around in her stylish pocket diapers (mostly Bum Genius and Happy Heinys).  Other than that she has developed a LOVE for our bathtub.  She asks to take a bath about four or five times a day.  I try to let her have one or two a day but all she wants to do is be in the bath.  She is meticulous when it comes to food or dirt on her hands, clothes or anything, she has to have them washed right away otherwise it is the end of the world.  She loves wearing dresses (she doesn't get this from me) and anything pink, purple, flowers, butterflies or sparkly (again NOT from me).  She loves her bracelets and purses that she fills with pink golf balls or beads and other miscellaneous toys and topping it all off with her cell phone (my old dead motorolla flip phone from when we first moved out here).  She is very loving and gentle when she wants to be, but a force to be reckoned with when mad. 


Anomantia Soleil Mowton at 2.5 years old


These girls are growing so fast and time feels like it is passing me by.  Today, we want to wish The fantastic D-wiggle a Schmaffy 28th Murfday!  I love you sister! 

1 comment:

  1. Your 2.5 year old sounds like my 3 year old with clothes.

    ReplyDelete