Sunday, June 24, 2012

When I grow up... (SBC#22)

As a child, I could never decide on one thing to be when I grew up.  I wanted to be a doctor, a teacher, a marine biologist, etc... it changed weekly (and it still does).  The only thing that I knew I wanted to be was a mum.  The week before my mum died, she told me to never settle, always dream and then she said that she never did decide what to be when she grew up but that being a mum to us girls was the best job in the world.

I am teaching my girls the same thing.  Right now, Anomantia wants to be a princess-batman (those are her words).  There are days she wears her Batman costume around town.  I have no intention of making her conform to any standard especially when it comes to character building choices. And there are days when she is a mad scientist too.



No comments:

Post a Comment