Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge Day 9

Now to play catch up for a crazy weekend of net being able to be online.

Day 9: Worst Cooking disaster

My worst cooking disaster happened this winter, I was making Chicken Cordon Swiss (from scratch) and everything was going great and all the side dishes were going to be ready at the same time as the chicken should be pulled from the oven, but with 10 minutes left in the oven, the pyrex dish I was using to cook the chicken exploded and the chicken fell on the element sparking and burning the crust (combination of ground cornflakes, spices and rice flour with xanthan gum) making a giant mess of the oven and completely making the chicken inedible.  Needless to say, we ended up eating take-out that night.  I was less than impressed but at least I have an awesome husband who cleaned the oven mess for me (I was very pregnant at the time and the whole ordeal made me cry).

No comments:

Post a Comment