Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge Day 4


Going Green with the Grizls

The meaning behind my blog name... is because we are a family of Gurney's living in Gurneyland.  It allows us to share our home with a bit of anonymity of actual geographical location.  DH an I actually discussed that if/when we buy an acreage, we will name the property Gurneyland on the land title, that way we actually will be living in Gurneyland.  Originally, I was thinking something totally different but settled on Gurneyland when I thought about how often homesteads, ranches and acreages are named and have said names posted somewhere on the property.  I have, for as long as I can remember, wanted to live on a farm (for an extended period of time).  Growing up, we moved LOTS!  The house (note it still isn't a home) that DH and I bought the year we got married, is still the place we live, but it is the longest I have ever lived in one place in my life, we have been here for five years now.  In the five years of being here, we still don't have any pictures or artwork up on the walls.  We have painted a few rooms to get rid of the awful pink that was here when we moved in, but nothing on the walls.  I still have boxes to unpack after all these years, because this place just isn't our eternal Gurneyland.

2 comments:

  1. It took me almost 2 years to hang any pictures...I'm a bit lazy that way, because this is most likely the home we will have for quite a few years unless we find the lake property that we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you already have a name picked out for your property! I was in England for a bit (on my way to Africa) and one of the things I loved best was how houses and farms and manors all had names :)

    ReplyDelete