Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summer blog challenge Day#16

Fitness Guru or Couch Potato??

BOTH!  I love being able to veg with my family, but I also love working out.  One of my guilty pleasures is ZUMBA, but before I had my girls (and in between pregnancies), I trained in Muay Thai Kickboxing three days a week, and the other four I would run or do weights or a kettlebell workout.  Now that I have my girls and going to the gym isn't always feasible, I use free weights and do a cardio routine as often as I can.  I am trying to recondition my post baby body to prepare for my return to work (at the beginning of August maybe?).  Being a trades person, we are required to maintain a certain capability for lifting and pushing and moving into awkward positions, I have been off work since August 2011 and need to be prepared so I don't injure myself when going back to work.  When I was in my early 20's, I trained A LOT, I practically lived at the gym.  I was a group fitness leader (aerobics instructor), a personal trainer and trained to compete in fitness competitions.  I have a huge love for Yoga and studied at the Yasodhara Ashram from the time I was 13 years old.  I would go to the Ashram for a 2 week program until I was 16 when I moved there for a 2 month intensive program.  I learned so much about myself and was the healthiest I had been in my life to that point.  I continued with my yoga studies through Radha Houses (affiliates of the Ashram) until I was 21 and my life took me in other directions. 

For now my exercise routine consists of Zumba in the mornings when I get the chance and playing with my girls.  With the occasional trip to the pool to go swimming. When I started working out post baby, my sister sent me the following video... so funny!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Carlee I wish I was as motivated as you with my fitness routine. I went back to work last Fall after being home 10 years. It was HARD!!!! Had I thought to start doing some workouts beforehand, it might have made the difference.

    ReplyDelete