Tuesday, June 26, 2012

weak in the knees (SBC#26)

Summer Blog Challenge June 26th Prompt: What does your Significant Other do that makes your heart melt...

This prompt has my mind going... what does he do that makes my heart melt?? I was totally baffled until I actually asked his opinion on what goes on.  Laurence's reply was take it another direction!  So here it goes:

Laurence is far from a romantic, he never gives me flowers (only once in eight, yes 8, years have I ever been given flowers from him), they only die and he is terribly allergic to pollens.  We don't exchange gifts for our birthdays or Valentine's day.  Mother's day and Father's day aren't usually observed as we try to teach our children that we should cherish our parents daily and treat them in the way that they want to be treated (a little difficult for a toddler and a baby to grasp but with time I am sure it will take).  The number of times I have done the grocery shopping and running errands without him since 2008, I can count on both hands.  He is always there and we do everything together as a family.  The one thing he does do that kind of makes me shake my head is when he sings AC-DC's Thunderstruck, off key and really loud, just to make me smile and laugh at his self humiliation.  It usually ends in both of us playing air guitar and laughing til we cry.  But the most sexy thing my husband does is the dishes.  I don't know what it is but seeing him wash the dishes makes me weak in the knees.  He loves his girls and would do anything for us anytime of the year.  And for that I wish I could eradicate all the cottonwood trees in Gurneyland and vicinity just for him.  

Anomantia's 2nd Birthday/Christmas Party hosed at our neighbours' house because I was 37-ish weeks pregnant with Furia (December 16th 2011)

Banff Trip (February 16th 2010)
I am so grateful that he has chosen to work from home so that he is there for his daughters and enable me to have smoother transitions back to work after maternity leave.  34 days left until I return to work full time again.  I am dreading it but not as much as I was after Anomantia. 

I love you Pants!

1 comment:

  1. I love your post title :) It's great you guys get to do the shopping together all the time. My husbands work schedule doesn't always allow it so it's a special treat when we get to go together with the kids. It's nice to do things as a family as the kids get older :)

    ReplyDelete