Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's not easy being Green! (SBC#24)

Here is Gurneyland, we have a very good recycling (blue box) program with the city.  My favourite Eco-Friendly thing to do would be my laundry.  I love doing laundry!  I have a HE machine (hate it for washing diapers but otherwise is totally awesome) that I wash in and every chance I get even in the winter when there is over a foot of snow on the ground and in sub-zero (degrees Celcius) temperatures, I still dry my clothes on the clothesline.  We also cloth diaper our girls (I'm not addicted to buying diapers, I actually prefer plain prefolds or a fitted with snaps (for Squirbo) with a wool cover.  We also compost and grow a large garden to reduce our Carbon footprint.  I was reading on the most eco-friendly household options at the library last year and one source said that staying married is the best for the environment because you keep one footprint instead of splitting it into two.

No comments:

Post a Comment