Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge Day 5 -Goals



My short term goals for this month... are to finish the tile work on my upstairs bathroom floor, get the planting finished outside (the seedlings are still in the greenhouse), and go camping with my family.

1. I really need to finish the floor tiles in the bathroom upstairs, that way when I get up to pee in the night, I am not stubbing my toes on uneven tile work.

2. My seedlings are getting roots out the bottoms of their pots so now is the ideal time to get them all planted before the external root systems get intertwined or damaged. 

and

3. I want to go camping with DH and the girls.  I love being outside and sleeping in the cool air.  This time of year, the house gets so stuffy.  We camp the rustic old way... in a tent.  DH and I went camping on our honeymoon, it snowed on us.  I guess that is what we get for camping in the mountains in September.  Plus DH wants to get Anomantia used to being around campfires.

They are all doable but I am still hesitant about #3, as I have a special needs lizard that I can't leave longer than overnight.  I have several lizards but one leopard gecko in particular that needs to be hand fed as she was severely neglected before we got her and she ended up blind due to shedding problems and head sheds being left on for too long, one eye is completely gone and the other is not functioning, so I hand feed her crickets daily or every other day alternating with fruit.  She has improved since we rescued her a month ago, at that time, I had to bathe her twice a day to remove old sheds and feed her a cricket puree from a syringe (so gross).  Last night, we isolated her from her sister and gave her several crickets to see if she could catch them by sound.  It sort of worked.  So today I am off to clean up an older terrarium we have kicking around for her to live in.  Her sister was in similar condition but so malnourished that she dropped her tail.  Glad to say the sister has made a full recovery and is full of spunk, and funny looking with a pink tail growing back (she is an albino blizzard colouring Leopard gecko).  So with all the rescues we have done, we have gone from ZERO to 6 creatures in the last 6 weeks.  Our tally is now at: 3 Leopard Geckos, 1 African Fat Tail Gecko (the only male of the lot), 1 Costa Rican Zebra Striped Knee Tarantula and 1 Theraphosa Blondi (aka. Goliath Bird Eater) Tarantula.  And DH is talking about getting a couple new hatchlings (more spiders... shudder) in August at the Reptile Show/Sale.

I am sure I have a million things on the TO DO list but these are the ones I have put into the short term goals because they NEED to happen sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

  1. I too love to go camping. I can't wait for our camping trip next month. Good goal to have.

    ReplyDelete