Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mount Washmore (SBC#28)

Laundry... the never ending cycle of sort, wash, dry, fold, put away and repeat.  I love doing laundry!  As crazy as it sounds, I have always loved doing laundry. 

My laundry routine consists of gathering the laundry from the strangest places throughout the house.  Sorting into piles of colours, whites, reds/pinks (there is way too much pink in the house now that we have 2 girls), towels and bedding.  Then I get started with the washing process.  With my HE machine each load takes about 33minutes on the wash cycle. Then so long as it isn't raining out or snowing, the laundry gets hung on the line to dry.  I usually do four to six loads each week with diapers getting washed every second day and they are a whole different washing process (but that is a whole post on its own).  Once dry, the laundry then gets piled in hampers until it starts to fall over, then I finally get to folding and putting it away but not before half of it gets worn and washed again.  At the moment, we don't have anywhere for Furia's clothes to be stored, so they stay in the laundry baskets and bins until Anomantia gets moved into her new room. 

For soap I use Tide free for regular stuff and Dr. Bonner's castile soap for diapers and things that need to be extra cleaned or sanitized.  Nothing special... I really want to try soap nuts but Laurence's skin and nose is quite sensitive to changes and scents. 

I guess my laundry tip is to avoid it until it is a giant pile then do several loads consecutively to tackle the mountain.  I then feel a sense of accomplishment seeing the ginormous pile disappear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvu5Vdk26XA&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL7574AF4DE2CAD79

I remember this from when I was a child... I saw her perform it live at the Vancouver Children's Festival. 

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I would totally hire you to do my laundry for big bucks! I HATE IT SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would trade dishes for laundry any day of the week... I Dislike doing dishes so much in comparison to every other chore out there.

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous that you actually like doing laundry! Ugh, it's one of my least favorite chores.

    ReplyDelete